Please excuse any untidiness while I makeover my blog among other projects and endeavours.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Color Room Palette #118

I was so excited when I saw this week's Color Palette from The Color Room because I absolutely LOVE the Scrap Cake papers and the Bright Side of Life is my all time favourite collection from ANY supplier! 


Isn't the palette gorgeous? Of course I could not go past using the fabulous papers from this collection for my layout this week.


The background was layered with papers from the collection and then I have added some Bricks using my 6x6 Crafters Workshop Brick Template randomly. It was really important to thoroughly clean the Template before moving around the paper otherwise I would have had Gesso Smeared everywhere. I do also own the 12x12 Brick Template from Crafters Workshop however, for this layout, I wanted to use the really small dainty bricks. I applied the Gesso using a Palette Knife really roughly so it would create this fabulous texture. When the Gesso was dry, and this took 2 days thanks to the current weather here, I then painted over the bricks with some Tattered Angels Champagne Glimmer Glaze and finished by spraying randomly with Lindys Starburst Stain Spray Creme Brulee Cream. Love this colour because it is perfect to add a subtle shabby hint of colour and shimmer. 


Before I adhered my mounted photo onto the layout, I have cut various size ribbons out of the Patterned Papers and inked the edges with Old Paper Distress Ink and then sprayed with Lindys Stamp Gang Starburst Stain Spray Creme Brulee Cream. I then zapped them with a heat tool and curled up the edges. The paper seems to stay better if it has been wet and dried before curling. These were all adhered to the layout alongside some gorgeous Hand Dyed Lace from Handmade Halo and some lace that I had in my stash which I have sprayed using Lindys Stamp Gang Starburst Stain Spray Clam Bake Beige.


There are lots of beautiful flowers clustered on this layout from Handmade Halo as well as a couple of Prima ones. Some of the Mulberry Paper flowers from Handmade Halo have been sprayed and inked using various Lindys Stamp Gang Starburst Stain Sprays and various Distress Ink Pads. Can you see that beautiful Handmade Halo Cameo & Frame poking out there? They are both from Handmade Halo and have been altered using some Divine Powders from WOW Embossing Powder including Pastel Blue & Pink colours. Finally to create shadows, a thin coat of Champagne Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze was added.


Among the beautiful flowers, there are also little treasures to be found including divine Antique Brass Charms from Handmade Halo and a beautiful Fairy Fabric Sticker that I have altered using my Water Fine Tip Brush Pen with Broken China & Worn Lipstick Tim Holtz Distress Inks


The fabulous A2Z Scraplets Chipboard corner you see here was smeared really roughly with some Gesso before a layer of Light Blue Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze was added and a Kaisercraft Sparklet Heart.

Well that's it from me for now but until next time...happy scrapping!

Amy Prior xxx