Please excuse any untidiness while I makeover my blog among other projects and endeavours.

Monday, March 12, 2012

So much Scraplet Goodness

I just wanted to do a quick blog post and share the layouts I created for the A2Z Scraplets February Releases.


First up is the layout I created using this gorgeous title Angel of Mine. I have used the Kaisercraft Lil Primrose Collection which worked fabulous and the chipboard is simply coated with some Picket Fence white Crackle Paint by Tim Holtz.



And a couple of close ups of course :)






The next new release I had to play with was this gorgeous Torso shape! I just love all the new Torso/Mannequin designs that Julie has come up with. On this layout I also used the Bright Eyes Title and the Paisley 26 Flourish.

  



The torso is covered in a layer of pink paint that I allowd to dry. I then added a coat of Gesso over the top and scraped it off after a couple of minutes. This created this very shabby chic look. Liquid Pearls then was used to add a belt and necklace as well as being used on the title and flourish chipboards.


And a couple more close ups for you...


Aren't these Scrap Cake papers simply divine? I just love the Brighter Side of Life Collection from Scrap Cake and their new release collections are amazing as well! 


Onto the next new release Chipboard I had the pleasure of playing with and it is another Title "At the Park".


I am so sorry about the photo being on it's side it was not playing nice for me :( .  This chipboard title was so much fun to play with. I added some texture using Gesso which also was my primer before I started playing with some Watercolour pencils. I think this is my new favourite technique on chipboard as you have so much freedom when using the watercolour pencils and you can go over it again and again. I then outlined the entire chipboard using my sharpie. 


Here are some closeups and you can see the amazing texture and colours.


I have used the fabulous Echo Park Paper Range "Playground" for this layout. The papers were of course perfect for the photos and the white cardstock is from Bazzil.



Yet another sidewards picture that Blogger seems to hate so very sorry :( This new release chipboard was the Chicken Wire which is a huge thing at present especially this hexagon style! I have created this layout using the My Minds Eye Krafty Funday Collection. I also used 2 Scraplets Bees.

 

For these Scraplets I simply coated them in a layer of black gesso followed by a coat of Jingle Bells Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels. I then adhered the 2 bee shapes together and filled in the gaps on the body with Buttercup Liquid Pearls from Ranger. I love how this layout turned out


Here are some closeups of the layout. As you can see the buzzing bee is sitting on some tulle which really helped it jump off the page.


When I was painting the chicken wire with gesso, I have also used it as a stencil on the top left corner of the paper. I then coated the entire paper with the Jingle Bells Glimmer Mist before I started adhering everything.





Last but not least is another new title that I got to play with and I knew straight away that I wanted to use these instagram photos from my phone for the layout. I have also used the Floral Frame 2 from A2Z Scraplets as well.


For this layout I have used the Sweet Nothings Range from Kaisercraft along with some 12x12 Corrugated Kraft from Jillibean Soup. The chipboard title "Look at Me" was created using various layers of paints, glimmer mists, glimmer glaze and glimmer glam all from Tattered Angels. I simply kept adding colour until the colours worked and I got the grungey look I was after.


The texture really is incredible on the title and here is a close up for you.


With the flower frame, I have covered it in paper from the Sweet Nothings range, then I have sprayed the entire chipboard with Sapphire Glimmer Mist and let it dry. After that dried I added some Fuzzy Coconut Glimmer Glaze to the Flower heads and let that dry before adding Walnut Gold Glimmer Mist to the entire frame. The last step was inking the edges with some Black Soot Distress Ink. I find the easiest way to ink such delicate areas is by using a cotton tip from my bathroom. 


The Prima Butterflies have also had some Glimmer Glaze added.


The cluster of flowers includes brands like Manor House Creations, Prima Marketing, Green Tara & Kaisercraft. I have inked, misted and distressed all these flowers to tie in with the rest of the layout. 


Lastly I wanted to quickly share a layout that I have just blogged about over on the A2Z Scraplets Blog. Be sure to head on over there and see the closeups pic of this gorgeous double layout!


WOW what a mammoth blog post. Thanks so much for looking and be sure to become a follower as I have some exciting blog candy up for grabs VERY SOON!!!! (maybe this week sshhhh) LOL

Until next time, happy scrapping!

Amy Prior xxxxx