Please excuse any untidiness while I makeover my blog among other projects and endeavours.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Our Crazy Wolf Pack

Hi there! I hope any of my readers in flood or fire affected areas throughout Australia are keeping safe! My heart goes out to all who have lost so much already :(

I quickly wanted to share with you tonight a fabulous and colourful layout I created recently for Scrap Sanity's Cyber Crop. Be sure to read through to the end to see how I created this amazing paint effect!


So the challenge was called Get Messy and there was a sketch to work by plus the added challenge of making it look like something had spilled on your layout. I really enjoyed getting messy with this one and yes I used The Crafters Workshop 6x6 Paint Splatter template for the top as I am not confident with large splatters myself LOL so I ended up with a very neat messy layout I think.


After adding the Kaisercraft Acrylic paint & Tattered Angels Chandelier Glimmer Glam to the bottom of the cardstock I set it aside to dry. Whilst that was drying I coated this fabulous Chipboard Border from Dusty Attic with White Gesso and allowd that to dry also overnight. The next day it was much easier to work with the chipboard to line up the colours correctly. I simply place my chipboard where I wanted onto my layout without gluing. I then grabbed a lead pencil and marked where the chipboard was to be placed so I would know where to come back to, then I used the pencil to mark out where my colours should be painted onto the chipboard. This was very simple and I simply put a thick enough layer of paint over the chipboard so you could no longer see the pencil lines. Again after letting this dry I covered it with Chandelier Glimmer Glam.

I have used 2 pieces of White Bazzil Cardstock for the background so it could handle the amount of wet mediums I was planning on adding. I have also mounted my photo onto some yellow & black Bazzil. The amazing texture behind my title is actually a piece of black paper lace that I recently purchased from Scrap Matrix and I have coated it with Chandelier Glimmer Glam from Tattered Angels.



The Paint Splatters were created using my Crafters Workshop 6x6 Paint Splatter Template and Black Gesso. After this dried I added a spray of Tattered Angels Abominable Snowman Glimmer Mist and finally some Tattered Angels Chandelier Glimmer Glam. I also scratched the edges of my photo with my paper piercer to add a distressed finish to the photo.


Some doodling around the edges & some journalling was the final step in creating this layout. I have used my Black and White Markers from Stampin Up for the task. I was really happy with how this layout turned out and I know my crazy little Wolf Pack loves it too LOL. Now here is a little tutorial showing how I created this paint effect. It is very simple even my 4 year old was able to do this.


First I simply placed a large blob of each colour paint in a straight line across my page. Here is a picture using just 2 paint colours but for the above layout I actually used 13 colours.


Next I have used an old pizza box and opened it up so that the top lid was leaning against the wall slightly. When I leaned my paper against the lid which was against the wall, you could see the drips start immediately and I left it over night to drip and dry. You could also hang it on the clothesline outside just try have something underneath to catch any runaway paint. And Voila! It really is that simple and the result is amazing.

Hope you enjoyed my mini tutorial and until next time, happy scrapping!

Amy Prior xx